Sunday 13 February 2011

Another misty day up Pen-Y-Fan

This is one grumpy mountain! But I think that it will become one of the key DS sites to going really fast in the UK. Really high up, so any wind speed turns into something pretty powerful up there, and there are multiple potential DS sites along the top, almost all of which are bowls. This should mean that we get superclean air on the back.

Despite climbing it last week with a few chaps and being foiled by the rain (again!), I've still not yet flown it, but I've heard good things about it from flying buddies who have, so yesterday I decided to try to get up there and give it a go. Conditions looked good - sunny and with around 30mph over the top. However, I got delayed by a jam on the M42 for an hour and a half, and eventually got up to the top of Pen-Y-Fan just in time for the ridge to get cloaked in cloud which meant no flying. So instead I just scouted about to try to understand where to land and all that for the next visit, and then spent ages trying to remember how to work the self timer function on my camera! Finally figured it out, and managed to get a shot of the D80 and the Womble hat.

Hopefully sun and 40mph straight in next time!

Zim

No comments:

Post a Comment